Tuesday 26 January 2010

WW1 again!

A full report of this game (played at the Sheffield Club on 20/01/2010) has already been posted by Martin Rapier on his blog (The Games We Play), so I'll try not to duplicate his efforts. Suffice it to say that the game was part of our continuing efforts to find the 'Holy Grail' of a playable WW1 Div/Corps level game. I think it worked.

Again we had 3 divisions - from left to right British (me), British (Jerry Elsmore) and French (John Armatys). My photos concentrate on my division (which was the most successful...)

Below we see my troops (accompanied by some of those new-fangled tank things) overrunning the German front line. Before anyone asks, the tank is indeed the old Airfix faithful (I have three of them).
Next we see my follow-up brigades about to brave no-mans land (and the German barrage). Nice to see another appearance from my 'Harry Tate' (RE-8) on the look-out for Jerry guns.
Towards the end of the game now, and my chaps are overrunning the Jerry communication trenches. We could have had a go at the second line but, well, orders are orders.

The same scene from a different angle (the RE-8 perhaps?) I wonder what will change in 1917...


No comments: