Sunday 27 February 2011

6mm Modern Japanese - part 4

This is the final post looking at my 'modern' (1970s-1990s) Japanese forces, and now we leave the ground and take to the air, firstly with three aircraft from the Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF), followed by a couple from the JM(aritime)SDF. 
F-16 Falcon? Actually it is a Mitsubishi F-2.  I think this is an H&R model (of an F-16) - I already had some WW2 Jap markings in stock.
F-4 Phantom.  The green looks a bit garish in this photo.  The model was an old one I already had - it's not a great casting but is clearly an F-4. 
Kawasaki C-1 transport - a pre-painted  F-Toys plastic model.
The C-1 again showing off it's (many) wheels!
P-3 Orion by F-Toys
P-2 Neptune (retired by JMSDF in 1984) by F-Toys

4 comments:

Paul said...

Those F-Toys Orion, and Neptune look a treat.

Nice collection. Lets see some of it in air battle action!

Tim Gow said...

Paul
The C-1 was meant to turn up in the game I reported recently, but the Russians turned the airport into a free fire zone before it could appear.

Paul said...

Lucky for the C1 I think!

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Indeed - that explains why the C-1 in the photos is a bright, shiny thing rather than a blackened wreck! I'll have to plan a re-match sometime...