Sunday 6 February 2011

Soviet Air Assault Brigade - part 3

Only a little progress to report, due to a busy week at work and a nasty cold.  The AAB has now been drybrushed and based, and when I feel up to it I will paint and flock the bases and get out the varnish can.
BMDs (left) and D-30 122mm guns (top right), together with the towed ZU-23-2 AA gun.

The AAB based.  I use Artist's Mounting Board which comes in a variety of colours, but since it'll be painted anyway it makes little difference.  Most stands are 30x40mm, but leg infantry are on 30x30 and platoon-sized recce stands 20x40.  Some towed and deployed artillery needs larger bases - 30x50mm in the case of the D-30s here.

4 comments:

west1871 said...

Looks good so far,I hope you feel better soon mate.

Cheers Rich.

Tim Gow said...

Rich
Much better today thanks. I've just painted and flocked the bases and I'll post photos of the completed toys later in the week.

Don M said...

sorry to hear you were under the weather, this unit is coming along nicely though!

Tim Gow said...

Don
The AAB is now in better shape than me - it's ready for deployment (or just posing for photos).