Monday 31 October 2011

Back from holiday...

...so that's why things have been quiet around here for the past week.  I try to avoid the interwebnet when I'm abroad as I know I'd be tempted to look at work-related stuff.
We stayed in a apartment near Estapona in southern Spain http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl .  The scenery (away from the coast) was pretty spectacular and I'll post some photos from our days out later this week.
The view from our balcony.  The sun shone for much of the week!
Looking west from the balcony - the lump of rock which can just be seen in the distance is in fact Gibraltar.

4 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

Estepona, great, looks like you had good weather too. We spent a happy week stranded there in the late 1980s after our bus back from Morocco crashed into a lamp-post (seriously!).

I discovered the joys of mushrooms in garlic. Mmmmmm.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I had no idea you'd led such a colourful life! Glad to hear the hippy trail was still going strong in the '80s...
I'm with you about the garlic mushrooms though.

west1871 said...

Looks like you choose the right week for it mate.Cracking views by the look of it.

Cheers Rich.

Tim Gow said...

West 1871
It was pi**ing it down (and dark) when we arrived, which made for an interesting drive from Malaga airport in the rental car. The motorway but was OK, the last few km on unmarked and potholed rural roads less so.