Friday 24 February 2012

Vouture nouvelle pour Le General

Now that I have pretty much completed the Forbodian Army, I clearly need another Funny Little Wars army. When I get round to building it, this will be the French-style 'Army Horizon Blue' from the well known West European country of Fromagia.  So far all I have managed to complete is a staff car for the general (Le Grande Fromage...)  This car, a 1907 Renault, is an old (really old) Revell kit and I think it looks rather imposing.  I decided to finish it in a pale grey - roughly the same as most French kit of the period.  As can be seen, I was unable to resist painting the 'bling' fittings in an appropriate brass colour.
I need hardly add that since completing this model I have been distracted by an entirely different FLW project...
The completed Renault - the 1cm grid on my cutting mat give a good idea of it's size.
The beast under construction.  For such an old kit it went together easily enough.
The General's driver - 'Crazy Claude'

6 comments:

Stephen Thomas said...

Very Nice. Looks perfect for the job. It would also look good painted in Drakonian midnight blue. Perhaps Crown Prince Orloff will take a sight seeing tour your capital in this car. He is looking forward to visiting the Palace de Camembert and seeing the Awful tower.

Broeders said...

Zut alors!

Conrad Kinch said...

Ou est Papa et Nicole vieux choux?

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Thomas
I think we'd better have an army before bothering with any commemorative architecture!

Tim Gow said...

Phil Broeders
Sacre Bleu!

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
I don't think Crazy Claude would be as happy with a Clio!