Saturday 14 April 2012

Naval Brigade - second battalion finished!

 The brave lads of the battalion from HMS Unfeasible are now ready to join their chums from HMS Implausible.  As the photos (taken while the second coat of varnish was still wet) show, I have again used the Armies in Plastic RN figures.  The flag was created in MS Publisher and printed on my HP Laserjet before being stuck (using double-sided tape) to a wire flagpole being clutched by a converted rifleman.  These figure have turned out a bit darker than the previous lot as they didn't get the usual white undercoat.  I'm not sure which I prefer.

"Forward lads - lets get to the rum before the b******s from Implausible!"

6 comments:

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Good stuff Tim!

They'll need support from some shore going gunners now!!

Jim

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Tim

I've just noticed that some of your union flags are upside down.

Tut Tut!

Jim

tradgardmastare said...

"We sail the ocean blue and our saucy ship's a beauty..."
Splendid chaps indeed- what about some conversions to add some chaps with cutlass?

Tim Gow said...

Jim Duncan
I am in the process of converting some figures to serve as gunners. They and the staff officers will follow in due course....

Tim Gow said...

JimDuncan
The flags on one side will certainly be back to front, as I simply copied and pasted in Publisher. I thought it was impressive enough just to have a flag. Any flag!

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
They are all armed with cutlasses but the cowardly enemy always run off before they are drawn. Hopefully.