Wednesday 26 December 2012

Tratvian Militia Battalion. Another one.

Newly formed in Travia is the 5th (Militia) Infantry Battalion.  The 54mm figures are from the Armies in Plastic range and were originally destined by their manufacturer to be Napoleonic Prussian Landwehr and Russian Militia.  Mixing the contents of three boxes has enabled me to have decent numbers of the same poses in this unit and the 4th (Militia) Battalion
 As usual the flag is laser printed on paper and PVA'd to a florist wire flagpole

4 comments:

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Hope they can fight as good as they look!

Jim

Archduke Piccolo said...

A very nice 'toy soldier' style battalion, Tim. Your methos with flags is similar to mine, though my printer is ink jet (high resolution, though), and when I can can, I like to skew the rectangle into a parallelogram to make it 'drape' better.

I hope you paint the flagpole before you bend the flag upon it. I have discovered that PVA causes and accelerates rust, which gets onto the flag.
Cheers,
Ion

Tim Gow said...

Jim Duncan
I expects them to be just that bad!

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
Interesting thought about the flag shape. I do indeed paint the flagpole first!