Sunday 6 January 2013

(Very) light artillery

To assist my 6mm Japanese in their quest for world (or at least regional) domination, I have provided them with these mighty artillery units. The 75mm Infantry Guns may not be the most feared weapons but these chaps look as if they know what they're doing. The larger gun being towed (by another GHQ Isuzu lorry) is a Heroics & Ros model of a Polish 75mm gun. Don't tell the Japs.

This rather larger gun is a Scotia model - I found it at the bottom of a box of stuff so it's origins are shrouded in mystery!  Whatever it was intended to be, it certainly looks the part and my Japs are very pleased to have it.

6 comments:

Milgeek said...

Hi Tim, very nicely done. 6mm? How do you see to paint at that scale? :)

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
Did I say I could see them?
The quality of the models has a lot to do with the end result. An oil was and dry brush treatment helps to highlight the virtues of the castings while hiding the shortcomings of my painting skill.

Al said...

they look good, great stuff

PatG said...

I love using the little 75s in the Steel Panthers WinSPWW2 computer game. Throw them on pack mules and sneak them through the jungle to give your gunjin some heavy support.

For real gaming, it would depend on the rules used of course.

Tim Gow said...

Al
Thanks. They're quite quick to paint really.

Tim Gow said...

Pat G
The 75s will usually appear as regimental batteries in brigade(ish) level games. Each stand represents a battery of guns.