Monday 29 July 2013

Wet behind the ears

The second of the two units I was able to paint up in time for the recent Gettysburg game was this CSA infantry regiment.  While this would be their first battle, they were veterans in terms of the number of owners they've had!
They are very nicely detailed Conte figures originally bought by Bob Cordery in 2011.  Bob subsequently sent them to me and I toyed with various ideas for their use before giving them to fellow Sheffield Wargames Society member Tony C for  project he had in mind.  Nothing came of this (so far) and he gave them back to me earlier this year.  More time passed until the Gettysburg game loomed and I decided now might be a good time to paint them!  This turned into something of a last minute panic - the varnish was still very definitely wet when I boxed them up for the journey to Sandhurst!

4 comments:

Paul Foster said...

What goes around comes around Tim.

I love the fact they all have tashe's!

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Gettysburg = men in beards!

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

So they sat around for a long time doing nothing? Obviously regulars.

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
That appears to be sound logic! Or maybe just experience talking....