Wednesday 16 July 2014

1/48 T-72M - part 2

Here is the completed T-72 as introduced in yesterday's post.  It builds into quite a decent model - especially if your gaze doesn't stray below the side skirts.
I sprayed it with my trusty Humbrol Grass Green, then lightly oversprayed with a different green, grey and sand.
Given the basic 'toy' nature of the kit, some of the detail is really rather good.  I especially like the rough texture of the turret casting.
The Forbodian Peoples' Army has yet to deploy it's new acquisition and rumours that they await the delivery of several more T-72 cannot be verified at this time....

11 comments:

Nigel Drury said...

I hadn't heard of that brand before but I see they do a Leopard 2 and an AMX30...

I wouldn't worry about the wheels as they won't be very visible through the grass.

Pete. said...

Nice- like that a lot. Little modern for the Forbodians is it?

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Nigel Drury
Happily I managed to pick up my T-72s quite cheaply so I was prepared to forgive them many faults. It turned out to be quite a nice kit - and you're quite right about the grass!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
As a sometime Forbodian tank commander I'd expect you to welcome this development! Of course, availability rates may fall short of the levels you have come to expect from the trusty old T-55.....

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Is it autonomous (did you put together the remote control after all?)

That would spice up Cold Wars ;)

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
It looked a lot more trouble than it was worth! For a game involving motorised tanks have a look at Tank Terror from COW 2010 http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/conference-of-wargamers-2010-part-2.html

Paul Foster said...

I think it scrubs up nicely.

The high suspension just makes it look faster.

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
Faster than a T-55 anyway!

Pete. said...

True- I look forward to being able to command something with a 'heavy armour' rating in the future.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
and the bad news is.....

Pete. said...

Ah well it was a nice idea....

Cheers,

Pete.