Monday 22 December 2014

Bob Plumb's toys - part 1

A new attendee at COW 2013 was one Bob Plumb.  Bob told me that he had been wanting to come to COW for several years but only got round to it that year.  He was delighted when I introduced him to the membership as our 'junior member'.  He was in his eighties....
The only photo I could find of Bob P.  The Operation Vijay game in progress at COW 2013.
Bob Plumb is furthest from the camera, reading his notes - near the TV.
Having had a lovely time at COW 2013, Bob was booked in for this year's COW but sadly died a few days before the event.
Bob's wife, Pauline contacted Wargame Developments to seek assistance in disposing of Bob's collection of figures and games and eventually - after some sterling work from Bob Cordery - a rescue mission was planned.

My end of things involved the figures - mostly 25mm and some 15mm - all from the 'pointy-stick era.   I had agreed in advance to purchase them as part of a three way deal with Ian Drury and John Bassett.   I picked them up in mid-November and began the sort out.  The photo at the top of this post shows some of the 40+ boxes of toys!

The initial sort out was completed by early December and most of the toys distributed to their new owners.

As I sort out my own 'share' I will reveal the figures here first.

5 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

Tim

Good to see Bob's toys going to someone who can appreciate them. Will you need an addition to the house to fit them? Or can you just kick an offspring out to face the real world?

Cheers
PD

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
I counted them all in....and then I counted about three quarters of them out again! The net result so far is an additional eight boxfiles. That's er, all.....

tradgardmastare said...

i look forward to seeing piccies of such splendid figures...

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastare
There are plenty of 'em!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Glad he made it see your community of CoW friends after all those years of "meaning to"

Sad he never got to go twice :(