Monday 15 December 2014

More Military Aid - part 1

A mystery package arrived recently at my secret bunker. Just how do people get the address?  The New Zealand markings led me to the correct conclusion that the sender was none other than Paul of Plastic Warriors fame.
And so now for the contents.  This trio of 1/72 aircraft models will see service as part of my Little Cold Wars project.  First up is a MiG-21.  This had clearly led an eventful life and had lost the cockpit canopy along the way.  Happily Paul had thoughtfully included a canopy which after a bit of cutting about and sanding more or less fits.  I'll have a think about painting and markings over the coming weeks.  I already have one in 'bare metal' finish (see here) so perhaps a camo scheme for this one?
A Jaguar.  Paul painted this one for me in a rather striking 'winter' pattern (see his post here) so it will make a nice contrast with my existing Jaguar.
Finally a Tornado.  This had been rather knocked about in transit and like the other models is pictured here after I had glued various bits back in place.  I've not thought much about paintwork as yet.

There is still more stuff to emerge from this aid package but I've been rather distracted of late by work commitments and the acquisition of quite a lot of 25mm pointy stick era figures.....

1 comment:

Conrad Kinch said...

A very impressive series of additions to your air forces.