Monday 9 January 2017

Another hurried Hind.

You'll remember the Esci Mi-24 which I was definitely going to finish last month?  Right.  Regular readers will not be at all surprised to learn that I was distracted by other matters.  One such was another Hind kit, this time the Airfix version which I picked up for £5 at Triples in 2015.
 I could make up a tale about wanting to compare and contrast the two kits but who'd believe it?

There were no issues with the build.  If anything this is a slightly cruder kit than the Esci effort and  represents an earlier version of the Hind with the familiar (to those of us of a certain age anyway) chin turret and Sagger AT missiles.


So now I have two large helicopters awaiting paint!

6 comments:

Pete. said...

Looks good Tim. I'm not a fan of painting helicopters- too fiddly with bit that break off to easily. Are you going to permanently fix the rotors on or leave then loose?

Cheers,

Pete.

Conrad Kinch said...

Ah Mr Gow, I see that with your typical Scottish frugality you've decided it would be easier and cheaper to paint both choppers at the same time. Very wise Sir. Very canny.

Paul Foster said...

I was wondering about that other Hind.

Lets see the finish results.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
The whirly bit will be left loose. We'll see how long it all lasts!

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
Any more of that racial stereotyping and I'll have to fetch the claymore from the thatch!

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
Has it been worrying you too?