Tuesday 16 November 2010

Ctesiphon, November 1915 revisited

Or - 'What the Red Baron does on his holidays'.

This should be read in conjunction with my earlier report on this scenario http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/2010/09/ctesiphon-november-1915.html

Unaccountably it has taken me 2 months to write it up!  As a result my memories of the game are somewhat hazy so I'll have to let the photos do most of the talking.  For this game Jerry Elsmore commanded the Brits while Martin Rapier led the Turks.

A few turns into the game - the Brits (right) are closing on the Turkish positions.
The Turkish general encourages his men from a comfortable position.
The Brits have breached the defences but are flagging.
The Turks pull back towards their (increasingly worried) artillery.
The RFC appears at last.  No-one cares.
Any appearance by an aeroplane requires at least two photos!
Not to be outdone, the Turks' German chums lend a hand.  I know it's very wrong, but 'twas Martin who chose it from my box.
Just in case you missed it earlier...

No comments: