Wednesday 28 May 2014

Liebster Award 2014


I have (again) been nominated for a Liebster Award!  The first time was in November 2012. My thanks to Herman over at Wargames Obsession for the nomination.  

The idea is to spread the word about blogs which readers may not know of.  I will therefore avoid nominating again the blogs I mentioned in 2012  - though I urge you to give them a look.  I have also not nominated blogs which I know have recently received this award.  My nominated blogs this time are:

Atomic Annihilation - a cheery look back to looking forward to an irradiated future.
Brazos Evil Empire - odd AFVs and obscure film clips?  Look no further.
Wargaming for Grown-Ups - combining game reports with prodigious figure-painting output.
Kit Noob - 'Proper modelling!'  A useful antidote to the slapdash bodging on my own blog.
Collecting Toy Soldiers - You have to respect someone who describes himself as a 'boring old fart.'
I LIKE the things I LIKE! - you really can't argue with a title like that.
Turkish Toy Soldier - the name says it all - I particularly recommend the Lego post from March.
Bunker Talk - strangely compelling!

The questions and my answers are as follows:

Why did you start blogging?
I couldn't figure out how to set up a website so blogging seemed like an easier option.

If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be?
People taking it way too seriously.

What is best in life?
Friends and family.

Fame or fortune?
Given that you are reading this I am clearly already famous.  Bring on the fortune...

What miniatures are you most proud of having painted?
I think this changes as I paint new toys.  Especially things I had previously told myself I couldn't paint.  Currently I favour my 1970s West Germans.

How do you deal with burn out?
By doing something different.  Regular readers of this blog may have noticed that more then one project is always underway...

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Search me.

Star Wars or Star Trek?
Frankly I'll pass on both.

If you could only buy from one miniatures company from now on, which one would it be?
I really don't know.  Given that this year so far I have built and painted figure/kits/toys made by at least a dozen companies I am struggling to choose just one.  If pressed I'd go with Airfix - which has been with me since the beginning - and be prepared to do more conversion work.

What is your favourite takeaway?
Curry.

2 comments:

davidcrawford19 said...

"Star Wars or Star Trek?"

"Frankly I'll pass on both."

What the..? You mean I read the ramblings of someone who doesn't like Star Trek!!?

Tim Gow said...

davidcrawford19
I wouldn't put it as strongly as dislike - more like indifference...