Monday 21 July 2014

The Lynx effect - part 1

In search of some cheap choppers for Little Cold Wars I chanced upon a pair of these FROG Lynx kits for a mere £3.99 each.  Although this is rather an old kit and clearly depicts a very early Lynx I took the plunge.  The only other Lynx I have ever built - aside from the 1/285 scale GHQ version - was the Airfix kit sometime in the late 1970s.  I recently noticed the TOW missile tubes from it in the spares box.
Anyway, back to the plot.  When a few weeks ago I finally cracked open one of the FROG kits I was fully expecting something pretty basic which might require a degree of filler and violence to assemble.
I needn't have worried.  Though showing it's age, the kit went together reasonable easily and swiftly built up into something that bears a reasonable resemblance to a Lynx.  Of course, that will all change when I paint it....


6 comments:

Conrad Kinch said...

Egads! I look forward to seeing it in action. Will it be joining the rest of the British battlegroup?

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
Aside from the Landrovers featured here recently, and some armour, this is my British Battlegroup!

Milgeek said...

That's very nice - which is kind of surprising for a FROG.

Paul Foster said...

I like!

Nicely done I reckon. Looks rather like the Matchbox job?

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
I have usually found FROG kits pretty good.

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
I don't know the MB kit - I'll keep a look out for it.