Saturday 27 September 2014

AMX-13 bodging

You may remember my £0.99 AMX-13 DCA a few months back.  Well, I found another one.  Same price.  As I don't really need another DCA (the AA variant) I settled on another plan - which would involve removing the turret.  This meant I had to dismantle the thing - as can be seen in the photos.
This process has certainly increased my appreciation of these Solido models - they are rather cleverly thought-out models.
But what of the AMX-13's future?  More on that coming soon....

8 comments:

Milgeek said...

A very interesting 'bodge'. Looking forward to seeing the new turret.

Paul Foster said...

Bridgelayer or SS.11 launcher?

The Dancing Cake Tin said...

Le camion de NAAFI?

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

A scrapyard full of useable parts as a target for geurillas?

Ps you have no idea what effect all your bodging and cannibalizing has had on my spare time and stockpile of toys.

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
Work is underway....

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
Could be....

Tim Gow said...

Dancing Cake Tin
Hmm - there's an idea....

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
Don't blame me - unless I can blame you.