Friday 16 January 2015

Tired Tornado titivating - part 1


Yes - it's yet another pointy aeroplane model.  This Tornado arrived in the aid package from NZ last month.  I'm not sure what make it is, though the colour of the plastic suggests it isn't Airfix.  Actually I did have the Airfix kit many years ago.  So many in fact that it was called an 'MRCA'.....
Initial work was confined to removing the remains of the undercart and 'shutting' the wheel recess doors, carrying out minor repairs as I went.  More recently I started painting the thing - though the jury is still out on the finish it will receive.
The beast as it arrived.  The initial build wasn't brilliant but was easily good enough to work with.

4 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Monogram I think Tim. I received it as is without any markings, but I think it is give the colour and clues.

Milgeek said...

I *seem* to remember having that kit of the MRCA - am I remembering wrong or did it have a prototype blue and yellow scheme? Anyone know?

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
I am something of a stranger to Monogram kits. This one seems to be wearing its Air Miles quite well.

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
It did have prototype tri-national markings and (I think) a mostly white, with black and red detailing colour scheme.