Thursday 31 December 2015

Sheffield Games Day 2015

As is customary, the post-Christmas meeting of Sheffield Wargames Society ran from midday until...well whenever everyone went home I suppose.

My own little group played two Command & Colours Ancients games and a couple of card games, with pauses for pie & peas and cake. I thoroughly enjoyed the day - a great combination of convivial company, good food and entertaining games.  And I was home by 8.15pm.
Pasargadae, 550BC
Ticinus River, 218BC

Full reports on the C&C games will follow but here are a few photos of the other games.
 Harvey and Frank doing their level best to look festive.  Their game was a Bishops' Wars affair using 6mm toys and a variant of the Neil Thomas 'One Hour' rules.


 Also present was this large Waterloo game.




It all looked very energetic!



2 comments:

Duc de Gobin said...

Great looking games. Good to see Command and Colours again.

Is the Waterloo game done with Blucher - epic spectacle. (or is it the secret Napoleonic version of Megablitz).

(Have also been playing Megablitz recently - had it for years, and only getting around to it now lol. Beautiful operation concepts at work. I need to do Market Garden with it - as your games look wonderful, with lots of difficult decision making implicit in the writeup.)

Tim Gow said...

Duc de Gobin
I'm really not sure what rules the Waterloo game used - perhaps one of the players will chip in and tell us?
I did indeed write a napoleonic game some years ago. We've not played it for many years, from which you may draw your own conclusions!
If I can locate my copy I'll post it as a download.
Glad to hear you're getting along with Megablitz.