Friday 9 September 2016

Partizan - August 2016

 A few weeks ago I attended the Partizan show at Newark.  I was there with Wargame Developments' Cursus Honorum II participation game and in between running the game and chatting to old friends I managed to suffer a 'retail incident' (of which more in a future post) and take a few photos of other games.
This noteworthy tabletop was a Punic Wars game in 1/32 scale - hurrah for big toys!  The elephants were quite something.
 
I also played Graham Evans's very splendid Battle of Northampton game.  This is appearing at several shows and I urge you to have a go. It features no toy soldiers whatsoever - the large blocks represent 'battles' and banners are removed to reflect casualties.  I managed to suffer a sound defeat but I feel that my pre-battle burning of Northampton was at least a moral victory!

8 comments:

Steve8 said...

Thank Dickens for cheap(ish) 1/32. My eyes can't do smaller anymore.

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Briddon
To be fair, you are looking at them from several thousand miles away....

Don M said...

LOL, that's alright Tim, I can't control my spending demons either....)
But at least you had fun!

Quantrilltoy said...

I always love to see elephant conversions. And the Punic Wars let you use all those African elephants. I often wonder if the Carthaginians ever used any of the bigger African elephants or only the North African ones (now extinct.

What are the light cavalry made from?

Tim Gow said...

Don M
I think I'll run out of space before you!

Tim Gow said...

James James
I suspect most of the figures are by HAT - but i only had a brief chat with the presenter.

Martin Rapier said...

Yes, they mainly looked like big versions of the HaT 1/72nd scale Punic Wars figures.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
And with your heavy investment in 1/72 HAT, you'd know!